The 2020 Marcus & Millichap Multifamily Forum Southeast will take place from July 7 through July 16 as an all-digital, online conference. Sponsored in part by Caiaccio Law Firm, the redesigned forum will include live panels from industry leaders, links to recordings of each panel, and access to online group networking.
The conference was originally scheduled to take place in-person on May 7th but was postponed due to COVID-19. The emphasis will be on how the global pandemic is impacting the Southeast’s markets, and how multifamily owners, managers, developers and investors are responding.
CLF Founder and Managing Attorney Kevin Caiaccio will moderate a panel of experts as they discuss Adapting Value-Add Strategies to the New Reality. The panelists will include:
- Melanie Gersper, Chief Operating Officer, Asia Capital Real Estate
- Todd Williams, Chief Investment Officer, Grubb Properties
Scheduled for Thursday, July 16, from 1:00 PM ET to 2:00 PM ET, the panel will discuss how COVID-19 and resulting economic hardships have impacted the value-add rehab model. The discussion will address the following questions:
- How are the buyers finding and funding new deals in the Southeast today?
- In what ways has the risk profile of acquiring workforce properties changed?
- How has the pandemic affected value-add construction projects?
- Will we see a wave of distressed selling and, if so, how big will it be?
- To what degree are buyers demanding and getting COVID-related discounts and concessions, such as income floors?
- How has the crisis changed the rehab business plan? Are social amenities now less valued?
- Which technologies suddenly make a lot more sense to incorporate into refurbished properties?
The conference is chaired by Marcus & Millichap and sponsored by 11 industry vendors and service providers including CLF. Online registration is now open.
About the author
Melanie Tate is a J.D. candidate at Emory University School of Law. Melanie earned her B.A. in literature from Louisiana State University. She is a 2019 – 2020 legal intern at Caiaccio Law Firm.